Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2012 UCLA Dental School White Coat Ceremony

Hey guys!

I know I haven't posted in a while, but after my whirlwind 3 month tour of Asia with many many friends and family along the way (in addition to an amazing teaching stint in China), I'm finally back stateside!

Also, as many of you already know, I've decided to return to the West Coast for dental school at UCLA!! My undergrad experience at Harvard was absolutely incredible, and I'm so grateful to bring everything that I've learned and gained these past years to a new place with new people.

Anyways (drumroll) .... TODAY was the 2012 UCLA White Coat Ceremony! (pics below)

Our class size is exactly 88 students, and although it's only been one day, I've already met some really talented and inspirational people. Surprisingly (or perhaps unsurprisingly?) there are a number of familiar faces in the crowd - people who I've met at various functions over the past year including various interviews, conferences, and the like. The world is SO small! And it gets smaller and smaller everyday.

Speaking of which, this summer I literally bumped into college friends on the streets and subways of Bangkok, Taipei, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong without even knowing that they would be in the country! Expectedly, crazy reunions ensued. The same things also happened in London and at Oxford just over a year ago!

Cheers to serendipity, good times, and luck - especially in dental school!

Here's to the next 4 years!

E

(click to zoom!)

Finally!!
About half of the UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2016



1 comment: